Filed Under: Uncategorized
Spider-Man and Batkid have had a rough day in the press! Andrew Garfield’s rep tells Us Weekly exclusively that the actor and “Batkid” Miles Scott were both “equally upset” about the 86th Academy Awards scrapping their onstage segment Sunday night.
“Here are the facts,” Garfield’s rep, Rupert Fowler, says in a statement. “In full collaboration with the Academy and the show writer, Andrew prepared a segment for the Oscars to honor Miles Scott as the true hero that he is. At some point overnight on Saturday/Sunday morning, it was decided by those running the show that the segment didn’t work in the ceremony.”
“They decided to pull it – Andrew and Miles were equally upset,” the statement continues. “The producers arranged for Miles and his family to visit Disneyland on Monday and Andrew drove down to visit them and to bring Miles a personal gift. Andrew did the right thing for Batkid and anyone saying otherwise is flat out lying.”
As previously reported, Garfield, 30, and Scott’s segment was abruptly yanked from the live ABC broadcast, and Avengers star Chris Evans instead took its place to present a video tribe to superheroes.
“Due to the nature of a live show, hard decisions sometimes must be made which require the Academy to cut segments due to the logistics of production,” a rep for the Academy previously told Us.
Source: Us Weekly